Features and benefits
EcoDPI Teracluster is the first Russian fault-tolerant multi-terabit DPI cluster, scalable up to 40 Tb/s per node.
The DPI (deep packet inspection) system operates at different levels of the OSI model (from the second to the seventh) by protocols, applications, services, including multicast and service protocols. This gives extensive opportunities for providers to manage traffic.
EcoDPI Teracluster functionality:
- Splitting of traffic by applications with an updated signature database (more than 2000 applications, all the most known at the moment);
- Flexible management of subscriber policies, including options for quoting, parental control, etc;
- Versatile management (policing / marking / drop etc) of certain applications;
- Ensuring SLA at the application level;
- Traffic analysis in AS, AS-PATH sections, traffic volumes, applications, subscribers;
- Traffic redirecting corresponding to certain regular expressions for further processing by third-party systems (service chaining for VAS)
- High-performance URL filtering http / https, URL logging, policing the traffic of individual URLs;
- Support for 10/40/100 Gb/s interfaces with various encapsulation options: MPLS, IPinIP, QinQ, GRE, PPTP, L2TP, including embedded encapsulation;
- Keeping of all metadata for further analysis: trends, forecasts, analytics, user profiles, etc. (BigData);
- Single point of monitoring and control of the entire system;
- Switching the system to bypass mode in case of any abnormal situations.
- Optimizing the bandwidth and limiting low-margin traffic (for example, torrent) allows reducing the load on the network and providing subscribers with comfortable web-surfing, watching video content in HD quality, etc.